Friday, June 3, 2011

May 2011

The beginning of May was a bit busy and stressful and hectic with the end of school and starting teaching summer school so I won't talk much about those workouts. I got some good ones in, some not so good ones in, but it was a good break for my body and mind.

May 9th - 11 miles on the trail in the wind and monsoon-type weather we had. It was my first longish run since Whitefish 1/2 Marathon and after my first set of neural ablations and SI injection and I had NO pain!!!! I ran most of the miles around 7:40-7:55 min/miles so felt good about that.

May 10th - Swam!!

May 11th - Track Workout: 1 mile warm up, 4 x 800 with 400 recovery

May 12th - 3 miles moderate

May 13th - OFF: We drove to Hood River (Willard actually, woo hoooooo)

May 14th - 14.2 miles!!!!!!!!!! It was a beautiful run, I felt great and I averaged 7:45's and felt like I could keep going. That was great for my confidence, at about Mile 8 it suddenly dawned on me that I did not have any pain in my back/SI joint and I almost started crying ;-) The best part though about the day was that Ms. Cyndi did 5 miles, Chelsea did 7 miles and Michele did 9 miles! Great great weekend, we had a lot of fun and I was very proud of the girls.

May 15th - OFF: Headed back to Pullman

Good week of training, excited to be feeling good with my running and other workouts.

No comments:

Post a Comment