Monday, April 25, 2011

Some More.

First I want to say CONGRATULATIONS to one of my closest friends for getting engaged last week! I'm so happy for Jen and Greg and thrilled they found each other.

Thursday P.M. - Swim workout earlier in the day, then ran 3 miles easy on Thursday night after personal training. Felt really good.

Friday - Since I'm training for my first Tri (and it's a small one but I'm still doing it and SO excited) and I'm not able to run back to back days yet (or not supposed to, I'm not going to say it doesn't happen every once in a while.....) my awesome brother has given me some great cycling workouts.
Warm Up - 10 minutes 85+ RPM's
30 minutes - Hill 30 sec/Ride 1:30
Cool Down - 5 minutes
Stretch

Saturday - BOOT CAMP!! 75 minutes of circuit madness as Ficer says :-)
15 stations
Treadmill Hill
Treadmill Speed
Ab
Treadmill Speed
Ab
Treadmill Hill
KB Squat w/Upright Row
MB Drop Squats
DB Step Up w/Shoulder Press
Push Up + Close Grip Push Ups
Cable Overhead Tri Ext.
Pull Up/Dips - 8 of each, repeat
Plate Bentover Back Rows
Elliptical - 9 incline/90 resistance
Squat with Bicep Curl
45/60/75 sec

Sunday - 8 mile moderate run, heavy legs from Boot Camp on Saturday (and maybe a bit too much wine at hospital gala Saturday night......) but this was my first longish run since my ablations and it felt great, not much pain and it wasn't a struggle. Mile times were good, finished strong.

Cleansing this week, feeling hungry but good!

I hope everyone had a very Happy Easter and enjoyed the sunshine this weekend!

Happy Training All

2 comments:

  1. what does it mean when you say cleansing this week?
    or maybe you explained it in an earlier post, but I just haven't read it yet.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's a 3-day detox that I do 2-3 times a year, full of antioxidants, fiber, lots of lemon water and green tea. I still eat at least 1000 calories a day, it's just all very natural, no sugar and lots of fish and broccoli, and spinach salads. I'll send it to you if you want! Not hard to do, but you feel great and gets you back into routine of eating healthy and clean again.

    ReplyDelete