Wednesday, February 23, 2011

I'm back.

So it's been an interesting winter so far, got some answers on my back, finally, that I think are really going to help this time. Saw the Spine Team in Spokane and finally a doctor did not tell me "well just stop running" because obviously that isn't going to happen.
I've had 2 sets of cortisone injections into L3/L4/L5/S1 and in 2 weeks I'll have what's called a neuralablasion done, which is basically where they go in and cauterize the nerves in between those vertebraes where they think a lot of the pain is being caused by arthritis. I'll hopefully have my SI Joint done after this procedure as well. So even though it's not a "fix" it should help for a year or more and that would be fabulous. I haven't been pain free in 15+ years and to be pain free after those cortisone injections, even for 2-4 hours, brought me to tears, it was amazing and gave me so much more hope then I've had in a long time.

My workouts are going okay, I've been working a lot so have been tired and sometimes the last thing I want to do is workout, but once I get my butt started, I always feel so much better.

So here is last week's workouts, I feel good about them!

Feb 12 - Feb 19, 2011
Saturday - 75 minute brutal Boot Camp! 14 people did it!!!!!! It was a lot of fun and brutally hard but I loved every minute of it!

Sunday - 4 mile tempo run: felt good, but a bit tired and sore from Saturday

Monday - 3 miles steady

Tuesday - 5.10 mile Speed Ladder: felt really good

Wednesday - 4 miles steady

Thursday - 64 minute Cardio Circuit: this was a good one..........
8 stations
Round 1 - 1:30
Round 2 - 1:15
Round 3 - 1:00
Round 4 - :45
Round 5 - :45
Round 6 - 1:00
Round 7 - 1:15

Friday - 4 miles before we flew off to Colorado

Saturday - OFF

Good week of training, happy with how I did, how I felt, and how many miles I accomplished.

Happy Training all!

No comments:

Post a Comment